This course meets the 60-hour Qualifying Education requirement (45 hours of Federal Tax Law, which includes the required 2 hours of Ethics and 15 hours of California Tax Law) imposed by the state of California to become a California Registered Tax Preparer (CRTP).
In this beginner CA tax preparer course, you will learn…
• How to prepare a federal individual tax return
• Filing status
• Which form to use
• Credits the taxpayer qualifies for
This course contains 15 Chapters; after each chapter, the student will complete online review questions and a Practice Tax Return (PTR). PTR’s are based on the course content that has been covered so far and will have its own set of review questions. Returns that use the Schedule A are prepared with state income tax withholding on line 5 and the additional state-specific taxes such as CASDI.
|Course Details||Included in this course|
Title: 2021 CTEC 60 Hour Qualifying Education
To earn certificate of completion:
• Pass Quizzes with 70% (or higher)
• 15 Chapter Slides (eBook)
All CTEC Registered Tax Preparers (CRTP) must...
| • First complete 60-hours (45 hours federal and 15 hours state) of qualifying tax education from a CTEC Approved Provider
• Obtain a PTIN (Preparer Tax Identification Number) from the IRS
• Purchase a $5,000 tax preparer bond
• Register with CTEC within 18 months from the completion date on the certificate of completion
• Registration Fee with CTEC $33
This course has been approved by the California Tax Education Council (2080-QE-001), which fulfills the 60-hour qualifying education requirement imposed by the state of California to become a tax preparer. A listing of additional requirements to register as a tax preparer may be obtained by contacting CTEC at P.O. Box 2890, Sacramento, CA, 95812-2890 or 1-877-850-2832 or www.CTEC.org.